Wednesday, February 22, 2006

This strange, milky-white cocoon encapsulating thought in the rafters of my skull swells and beats with potentiality. I feel it growing inside of me. A pregnancy of sorts. Something alien, yet familiar, forcing its way into my consciousness, fighting for room among the otherness. I witness its growth. Study its size, notice changes in its appearance. There’s strength in its fragility. Millions of sinewy strands intertwine to secure its contents. Each has a function. Each is expendable. I want to poke it with a stick. Release the worms of inspiration, allow them to grow legs, take hold of my flesh. But its not ready. Not yet. Its still too young, living in the shadows of my existence.

4 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Blogger Froyd said...

um, I'd suggest terminix.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Jessie said...

adam, yesterday i went to the doctor and while sitting in the waiting room i was looking at a pregnancy magazine (uh--don't ask. it must be something hormonal)...anyway, there was a full page add of pregnant MEN that made both vinny and i laugh profusely. ha! i wish i could post a picture of it here.

good luck with your pregnancy. may it be an easy birth. :) btw, my baby/mutant-spider-monster (thesis) is feeling somewhat premature also. all of a sudden i'm imagining a bunch of pregnant GA's walking around the halls of hagg sauer. aaahhh! now that's scary!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger moose said...

I'm gonna induce at some point, and it won't be pretty.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Jonathan said...

Happy f'ing birthday, motherf'er! I'm a day late.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home